Friday, May 25, 2012

black & blue

I made this little denim number last week.  To be quite honest, I originally wanted a denim dress to wear with some adorable floral denim wedges I got at Forever 21 a while back.  The dress apparently has other plans, however, as I am discovering that it goes with almost everything in my wardrobe, filling a gap I didn't even know I had.



i'm looking at these pictures and realizing that my posture is wretched


dress: made by me|necklace: vintage|cardigan: vintage|shoes: forever 21

The lining of the dress is a really pretty green calico, but looking back I wish I'd done satin or whatever normal people use to line things with.  It would have made the dress lay much nicer and garments lined with that stuff always feel so posh haha.  And I'm not happy with the zipper, but I never am.  This wasn't a shabby project though, seeing as it's only my fourth sewing project.  I think I'll wear this quite a bit this summer, which is more than I can say for some of the other things I've made that are looking very sad and lonesome in the back of my closet.


And do excuse the cluttered state of my room.  I'm trying to turn that corner into a sewing area, but other things keep distracting me and I just keep shoving more stuff over there.  I promise I'll at least fix all those National Geographic Magazines by the end of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment